My research focused on urban drought management in southern California. I hope to contribute to the research community by engaging in dialogue about the challenges and solutions we face in creating sustainable water systems for urban communities. In partnership with the Water Efficiency staff at the Irvine Ranch Water District, I analyze urban water conservation datasets to understand the influential factors and drivers behind participation in conservation programs.
Publications & Conference Presentations
- Stanley B. Grant, Kimberly Duong, Megan A. Rippy, Greg Pierce, David Feldman, Enrique Zanetti, & Amy McNulty. (2020). From yards to cities: a simple and generalizable probabilistic framework for upscaling outdoor water conservation behavior. Environmental Research Letters, 15(5), 054010.
- Kimberly Duong and Stanley Grant. “Patterns and Drivers of Household Participation in a Turf Rebate Water Conservation Program.” Session H53D: Hydrology, Society, and Environmental Change: Human–Water Interactions Across Scales I. Oral presentation at American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, Dec 10 – 14, 2018. Washington, DC, USA.
- Kimberly Duong, Stanley Grant, Megan Rippy, and David Feldman. “IRWD Turf Rebate Program: Drivers and Policy Implications.” Session H31O Water and Society: Water Resources Management and Policy in a Changing World I. Oral presentation at American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, Dec 11 – 15, 2017. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Kimberly Duong and Justin Ong. Session ED53B Climate Literacy: Supporting Communities Addressing Climate Change Through Climate Literacy Cross-Sector Collaboration and Communication Strategies: “The Tyndall Petition: Bridging the Gap between Academia and the General Public.” Poster session at American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, Dec 11 – 15, 2017. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- Kimberly Duong, Gianna Lum, and Carlos Macias. “Climate Action from the UC System to the Nation.” Oral presentation at California Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC), Jun 26 – 30, 2017. Santa Barbara, California, USA.
- Kimberly Duong, Jean-Daniel M. Saphores, and Stanley Grant. “Attitudes Toward Wastewater Recycling: Results from a National Survey of U.S. Households.” Poster session presented at AGU Chapman Conference: California Drought: Causes, Impacts, and Policy, Apr 20 – 22, 2015. Irvine, California, USA.
- Kimberly Duong and Jean‐Daniel M. Saphores. “Obstacles to wastewater reuse: an overview.” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Water 2.3 (2015): 199-214.